Accessible Chemical Diagrams
We provide technology to turn the study of chemical molecule diagrams into an interactive, fully accessible experience using modern web standards
Our technology enables the direct translation of images into fully web accessible SVG diagrams. Readers can listen to descriptions of the diagram as well as interact with them to explore them in depth. We support navigation on several levels as well as magnification and contrast changes.
The advantages of our technology are:
- No need to prepare diagrams in special programs
- No need for readers to learn a new tool
- Diagrams can be embedded into webpages or ebook content
- Support for readers with a variety of visual and print impairments
- Content conversion in a single, fully automated workflow
- All image formats supported
- Platform independent, with all modern browsers and many screen readers supported
Demonstrator for Interactive Molecule Exploration
We demonstrate the interactive exploration of chemical diagrams offering screen reader support and magnification. All interactive diagrams have been automatically generated from original bitmap images.
Please click on one of the examples below to get to the demo: